1. WHAT DID YOU DO IN 2005 THAT YOU'D NEVER DONE BEFORE?
So many things. Said 'do whatever you want' and meant it. Was outgoing, happy, and reasonably succesfull. Got a job I was good at and related to my actual interests. Did NOT dye my hair. Did NOT, even for one second, work in a restaurant. Was truly and willingly single for 90% of the year.
2. DID YOU KEEP YOUR NEW YEARS' RESOLUTIONS, AND WILL YOU MAKE MORE FOR NEXT YEAR?
According to my livejournal on January 2nd, I made the following promise:
new years resolution:
stop eating thesse planters mixed nuts, especailly since i am picking out all the almonds and cashews and leaving just peanuts for whomever wants to eat them later and that person will be for certain ME. right now.
I would guess.....no. For next year? I think we're going back to NYR2000: "Get it together."
3. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Britney Spears, duh.
4. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU DIE?
5. WHAT COUNTRIES DID YOU VISIT?
Carolina in my mind. Fuck, that's not even a country.
6. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN 2006 THAT YOU LACKED IN 2005?
Um...money? Nice abs?
7. WHAT DATES FROM 2005 WILL REMAIN ETCHED UPON YOUR MEMORY AND WHY?
Feb 10th-a bike ran over my foot and i went to the hospital.
Feb 20th-L WORD PREMIERE PARTY
June 25th-saw scot in chicago
July 7th-cake party with tara, met matty.
july 26th-the weekend i went to michigan for mark's wedding
august 29th-started at nerve
november 14th-10-year anniversary of dad's death
november 30th-nerve party, met will.
december 11th-NATALIE comes to visit!!!!!
8. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR?
Kind of being okay with myself.
Breaking up with someone without breaking down.
Publications. Job at Lit Agency. nerve.
Making new good friends; tara, lainey, lauren, matty, melaina, among others.
9. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST FAILURE?
i didn't find a way to be strong and still have feelings. i didn't find a way to protect myself without avoiding intimacy. still reliant on prescription medications, still see no way out of this. still not sure why i think i need a way out.
10. DID YOU SUFFER ILLNESS OR INJURY?
Well, there was that guy who rode his bike over my foot and turned it purple, large, and incapable of usage for activities like walking. That was on February 10th.
11. WHAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU BOUGHT?
12. WHOSE BEHAVIOUR MERITED CELEBRATION?
13. WHOSE BEHAVIOUR MADE YOU APPALLED AND DEPRESSED?
Tyra Banks, George W. Bush, Charles.
14. WHERE DID MOST OF YOUR MONEY GO?
if i knew the answer to that question, I'd have a lot less problems.
15. WHAT DID YOU GET REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT?
going to the hamptons with natalie,
every time something i wrote got published or accepted for publication,
RENT the movie,
natalie visiting, ingrid visiting, noah visiting,
the o.c season 2 on dvd, stephanie's birthday,
getting paid for writing,
the l word premiere,
visiting scot in chicago,
fiona apple's new album.
16. WHAT SONG WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF 2005?
winter-cannonball, damien rice.
spring-new soul song, bright eyes.
summer-these words, natasha bedingford.
fall-breathe me, sia.
17. COMPARED TO THIS TIME LAST YEAR ARE YOU:
a) Happier or sadder? happier.
b) Thinner or fatter? the same.
c) Richer or poorer? oddly...the same. i guess i am slightly richer, because i have less debt. does that count as richer? jesus christ.
18. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE MORE OF?
seeing movies. going to museums.
19. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE LESS OF?
20. HOW WILL YOU BE SPENDING CHRISTMAS?
on an airplane.
21. DID YOU FALL IN LOVE IN 2005?
22. HOW MANY ONE-NIGHT STANDS?
23. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE TV PROGRAM?
the l word, the west wing (tie)
24. DO YOU HATE ANYONE NOW THAT YOU DIDN'T HATE LAST YEAR?
tyra banks, chris klien.
25. WHAT WAS THE BEST BOOK YOU READ?
Bad Behavior, Mary Gaitskill.
Bright Lights Big City, Jay MacIarney.
26. WHAT WAS YOUR GREATEST MUSICAL DISCOVERY?
27. WHAT DID YOU WANT AND GET?
A job I like.
28. WHAT DID YOU WANT AND NOT GET?
Time, sleep, finishing my novel.
29. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE FILM OF THE YEAR?
Me and You and Everyone We Know
30. WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY, AND HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 24, and i had dinner with My Love Krista.
31. WHAT ONE THING WOULD HAVE MADE YOUR YEAR IMMEASURABLY MORE SATISFYING?
32. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL FASHION CONCEPT IN 2004?
Jeans; tight enough to be sexy, baggy enough to ride hips. Mens wifebeaters, v-neck t-shirts, hoodies. i'd like to imagine it's tomboy-hipster-chic, but in truth, it's probably lazy-chic.
33. WHAT KEPT YOU SANE?
adderall. wine. the west wing. natalie.
34. WHICH CELEBRITY/PUBLIC FIGURE DID YOU FANCY THE MOST?
35. WHAT POLITICAL ISSUE STIRRED YOU THE MOST?
EVERYTHING. Every time that fuck-nut got on television and opened his ridiculous mouth. But probably the fact that John Roberts was actually put through was fairly appalling. Gay marraige, reproductive rights, etc etc. Katrina, of course. I could go on. Harriet Miers? I mean, REALLY??!!!
36. WHO DID YOU MISS?
Krista in the summer, Natalie in the fall.
37. WHO WAS THE BEST NEW PERSON YOU MET?
The fact that for the first time in my life I can't decide who the best new person I met is says so much about how much I've changed that I can't even believe it.
38. TELL US A VALUABLE LIFE LESSON YOU LEARNED IN 2005:
Stand up for yourself! Always!
Never explain, never apologize.
39. QUOTE A SONG LYRIC THAT SUMS UP YOUR YEAR.
"i was so much older then, i'm younger than that now."